A Wordpress blog in nothing without Wordpress Plugins. Today I am going to share how to install Wordpress plugin on your blog. Every self hosted Wordpress user must know installing Wordpress plugins on their blog. In my pervious articles, I have already covered tutorial on Howto Install WordPress and Howto Install a New Wordpress theme. And this is enough for your new wordpress site. But to make your site better you need to install various Wordpress plugins in your blog. Here is a step by step guide on How to install a Wordpressplugin.
How to Install WordPress Plugin
Just like WordPress Themes, There are two ways to install WordPress plugins on your Website/Blog. You can install a Wordpress plugins by uploading it to your server using WordPress dashboard or FTP. In this tutorial I am going to share two most popular way to install Wordpress plugins. Actually, it is not very hard to install a Wordpress plugins. It hardly takes more than 2 minutes for installing a Wordpress plugin. Here is how to install Wordpress plugin using FTP and from your Wordpress admin panel. Follow the instructions given below to install a Wordpress plugins.
How to Install a WordPress Plugin using Wordpress Dashboard
Step 1. Installing a Wordpress Plugin
- Login into your WordPress Dashboards
- Click on the Plugins button left side.
- A new page will open with your current plugins details.
- Now click on Add New button like the picture below.
- A new window will open, here you can search Wordpress plugins by searching for it or according the various category. You can also install a WordPress plugin by uploading its zip file here. See the picture below.
- Now type the plugin name you want to install on your blog and click on search button. It will show you the all results regarding your search term.
- Now click on Install button.
- To install a new WordPress plugin which you have already downloaded or purchased. Click on Upload button. See the picture below
- Now select your Zip file of the Wordpress plugin you want to install by clicking on choose file link and then click on “Install Now” button.
Step 2. Activate the WordPress plugin
How to Install a Wordpress Plugin using FTP
If you are new to Wordpress this method is not for you, use the above method to install wordpress plugin. In this method of Wordpresss plugin installation, you can install a Wordpress plugin using your FTP program. Learn How to install Wordpress plugin using FTP.
Step 1. Installing a WordPress plugin by FTP Upload
- Unzip the WordPress plugin file you have download.
- Login to your FTP manager and navigate to wp-content/plugins folder.
- Now upload these unzipped plugins file into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder on your server. You can also drag and drop plugin files here.
Step 2. Activate Your Wordpress plugin.
Once the plugin you have uploaded, you need to activate it.
- Navigate to Plugins in your WordPress admin panel and activate the plugin you have just installed.
- That’s it. You have successfully installed a Wordpress plugin on your server.
I have share this step by step tutorial to install a Wordpress plugin. Hope you like this quick way to install wordpress plugin and may work for you in installing a Wordpress plugin on your blog. This is the easiest way to install WordPress plugin. If you are still facing any issue regarding installing a wordpress plugin, feel free to ask me via comment box below.
Looking for More Tricks Sign Up and Get