tell Google about your blog and its content. Here is how to submit a sitemap to Google Webmasters Tool. The sitemap submitted to Google Webmaster tools of your website tells Google to index your blog post whenever a new page is added to your blog. After creating a Website the first thing you should do is submit sitemap to Google Webmaster tools. Follow the instruction below to add sitemap to Google.
What is Sitemap?
A sitemap is an XML page of your website that list each page of your blog. Sitemap is just a directory of your web pages existed on your blog. This helps search engine crawlers to access your website page and index them. Just because of sitemap, Search engine bots access your website and its content to index them. So it’s always a good idea to submit sitemap of your blog/website to Google and other search engine.
How to Submit Blog Sitemap to Google
Step 1. Creating a Sitemap
IF your blog on Wordpress you need to install a Google XML Sitemap generator plugin to create a sitemap file of your blog.
If your blog on Blogger you need to create sitemap manually for your blogger blog. Here is how How to create sitemap for Blogger blog.
Step 2. Verifying Blog to Google Webmaster tools
Once you have created sitemap for your blogger or Wordpress blog now you need to verify your blog on Google Webmaster tools to submit sitemap.
- Visit Google Webmaster Tools page and register an account. Skip this step if you already have a webmasters tools account.
- Once you have created your account, Login to your Account.
- Now click on “Add a site” button to add your blog/website to Google Webmaster tools.
- Now enter URL of your blog and then click on “Continue”.
- Now you need to verify ownership of your blog. See the picture bleow.
- There are many way to verify your blog on Google Webmaster tools but I recommend you to verify your blog by adding meta description to your blog.
- Click on Alternate methods see the above picture.
- Now copy the given code and add it to your website. See the picture below.
- For blogger user edit your Blogger template and add this code just after <head> tag.
- For Wordpress user add this code to head section of your theme editor.
- Once you have added meta codes to your blog/website now come to your Google Webmaster tools account and click on Verify button.
- A verification message will show that you have successfully verified your site to Google Webmaster tools.
Step 3. Submitting Sitemap to Google
As your site now has been verified in Google Webmaster tools, you can submit sitemap to Google Webmaster tools. Here is how you can submit sitemap to Google.
- Click on ‘Sitemap’ under Optimization option. A new page will open about Sitemap. See the picture below.
- Cheers! You have successfully submitted your blog sitemap to Google Webmaster tools.
This is how you can submit your blog sitemap to Google Webmaster tools. It’s easy to submit your blog sitemap to Google and it takes very few minutes. Hope you like this tutorial and may it works for you. If you are still facing any issue and have any suggestion on, Submitting sitemap to Google Feel free to share them via comment box below.
Looking for More Tricks?