Do you want to move all your Google Reader feeds to another RSS Reader? Here is how to import Google Reader feeds. In my previous article I have shared the list of top 10 best Google Reader alternatives. As you know Google has already announced that Google is shutting down Google Reader on 1st July 2013. But don’t worry, Here I have come with how you can read all your Google Reader feeds in new RSS Reader. Follow the step by step guide to migrate Google Reader feeds to another Feed Reader.
How to move Google Reader Feeds
Step 1. Find a New RSS Reader
To import all your Google Reader feeds to new RSS Reader, the first thing you need to figure out which RSS reader you want to move to, so try a best web Reader such as Bloglovin, Flipboard, NetVibes, Newsblur and Feedly. Follow the link below and pick a best RSS Reader.
Step 2. Import Google Reader Feeds
Once you have finalized which RSS Reader you want to move your all Google Reader feeds, now you need to import your Google Reader Feeds. Here is how to import Google Reader Feeds and put them into a new Reader.
- Visit this Google Takout’s Reader Page [Link].
- Now click on “Create Archive” button. It will create a file with all your feeds, the sites you follow and more.See the picture below.
- Once your feed have been created, Now click on “Download” button. See the below images.
- Open the ZIP file you have just downloaded and navigate to the “Reader Folder”.
- Now extract “subscriptions.xml” file to your Desktop.
- You have almost done, you have successfully exported all your Google Reader feeds.
- Now Open the new RSS Reader web service, where you want to move all your Google Reader feeds. Locate the Import Option and click on it.
- Now select the subscriptions.xml file you just extracted.
- Cheers! You have successfully imported all your Google Reader feeds.
Looking for More Tricks Sign Up and Get